Steam Engines And Railway Museum In Rewari From Delhi
Re-discover the romance of steam engines in this visit to the Railway Museum in Rewari. The museum is located on the train route from Delhi to Peshawar in Pakistan. The railway shed there is the only surviving steam locomotives shed in India, housing some of India's last surviving steam engines.
• Fairy Queen engine
• Victorian signalling system
• Seats from old train coaches
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rewari, Rewari, Rewari District, Haryana
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Rewari. Situated 50 miles from Delhi, the drive to Rewari takes around 2 hours.
The Rewari Railway Heritage Museum contains a collection of 11 steam engines, amongst the oldest in the world. These engines have been restored and are fully functional. One of the key attractions is the Fairy Queen engine that was built in 1885. The engines are also available for live demonstrations. Some have featured in Bollywood films too.
The museum also has exhibits from the Victorian era that were used on the Indian railway network. An old signalling system, gramophones and seats from old railway coaches are on display.
After a tour of the museum take lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Delhi and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.