Step In Gourmet Adventure of Georgian Cuisine
Few of the earth's small nations offer the visitor as much as Georgia. This wonderful cradle of culture, religion, and ancient history, Georgia is a country where everyone can find something appealing. Your tour of Georgia, a land of endless wonders, will create wonderful memories, which will be with you forever.
Rich in both history and flavor, Georgian cuisine is one of the most exotic in the world and the food is mostly homegrown and organic, cultivated by small-scale farmers and delivered daily to the bustling markets and souks around the country.
Guided tours will take you on a tasting adventure, discovering unique restaurants, food shops and eateries while sampling delicious foods and beverages along the way.
So it’s time to go behind the scenes and mingle with culinary chefs and restaurant owners, they will give a hands-on demonstration on how to make traditional dishes such as Khinakli, khachapuri and other plates.
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- All activities
- Bottled water
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- On this gourmet journey, you will fully dive into the traditions, history, culinary of the locals. Georgia is world famous for its customs and one can always find something, what appeals to his or her taste.
To thoroughly enjoy each step of this journey, take a sightseeing tour of old Tbilisi, a charming town built along the twisting valley of the Mtkvari River. Your journey of discovering will take in the Sioni Cathedral and the Anchiskhati Basilica, the oldest church in the city. Visit Tbilisi Sulphur bathes, which are related to the formation of the city itself. Furthermore, don’t miss a chance to listen to the traditional Georgian folk music. Following day, meet with your tour guide and leave for Mtskheta – the ancient capital of Georgia. This newly reconstructed city museum offers a lot for its visitors. Drive to mountain side, where you will have ample time to learn and cook your own meal- Khinkali. Spend night in the spa resort and head towards Kakheti, region known as cradle of Wine. Here, we visit a wine cellar and continue to Sighnaghi – a fortified town. Where, you enjoy our lunch at a farmer’s house with home-made dishes and masterclass of making Georgian sweet “Churchkhela” (walnuts coated in grape juice and flour). Take a sip of the traditional and delicious flavors of local wine, nowadays it is still produced exactly the same way as before - in large earthenware vessels called “Qvevri”, large enough to fit a person inside.
Visit Martvili Canyons and drive to the region of Samegrelo, famous for its’ mouth-watering dishes. Participate in the masterclass of preparation Megrelian food at the traditional restaurant. Next Day drive to Svaneti - Georgia's most mysterious mountain region is like a fairy tale come to life. The fabled region is renowned for its enchanting stone villages, make with your own hands Svanetian traditional food called “Kubdari”. Furthermore, explore Ushguli, the highest permanently inhabited village in Europe (2200m) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next day drive to the direction of Batumi - the “Pearl of the Black Sea,” as it is often called. Explore the city and enjoy cooking master class of making Adjaruli Khachapuri. Visit former capital of old Colchida, Kutaisi which dates back to the Argonauts’ time. Walk through Street market at Kutaisi Bazaar - taste the real flavors - the fruits and vegetables at the farmers market are the freshest and tastiest available. Head back to the capital, take your time with the guide to explore the tiny and colorful streets of Tbilisi. Walk to the Dry Bridge Market, best place for unique souvenir shopping. This extraordinary flea market will keep you entertained for hours. There, you can find original eastern European, Soviet, Georgian and even Armenian or Azerbaijani souvenirs. As for a farewell enjoy delicious lunch at local and cozy restaurant.
Dare to Step In Gourmet Adventure of Georgian Flavors!
Departure Point :Freedom Square, TbilisiPick-up / Drop-off service as per itinerary
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.