Stories of Dublin: An audio tour from St Patrick's Cathedral to Merrion Square
This self-guided audio walking tour is a trip back in time to explore some of Dublin's most iconic landmarks. We’ll take in some of Georgian Dublin along with city parks, traditional bars, cathedrals and many other famous sites on a stroll across this charm-laden city. You’ll also hear fun facts and tales about its history, culture and people – like rock band U2 and the rebellious Daniel O'Connell as well more ordinary folk.
While we walk you’ll notice how lively Dublin is with some 751 pubs. A lot of them are beautifully decorated, but O'Neill's opposite the Molly Malone statue is one of the best on our route. The food is excellent too. Dublin also has an abundance of museums. There are 45 in all and most of them are free to visit. Two of the best are the National History Museum and the Little Museum of Dublin. I’ll guide you to both of them, and I highly recommend popping into them either before, after or during our tour.
per adult from
2 days 13 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Saint Patrick's Cathedral, 21-50 Patrick's Close Off Clanbrassil St., Dublin 8 Ireland
The tour starts outside St Patrick's Cathedral.
Pass By: St. Patrick's Park, Patrick Street, Dublin Ireland
The tour passes by St. Patrick’s Park.
Pass By: Christ Church Cathedral, Christchurch Place, Dublin 8 Ireland
The tour makes a brief stop outside Christ Church Cathedral.
Pass By: Dublin Castle Chester Beatty Library Castle Street, Dublin D02 AD92 Ireland
The tour makes a brief stop outside the Chester Beatty Library.
Pass By: Dubh Linn Gardens, Dames St Dublin Castle, Dublin Ireland
The tour goes around the Dubh Linn Gardens.
Pass By: Dame St Dublin Castle, Dublin 2 Ireland
The tour goes into the grounds of the Dublin Castle.
Pass By: The Clarence Hotel, 6-8 Wellington Quay, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, D02 HT44, Ireland
The tour passes by the Clarence Hotel where you'll hear its connection to the rock band U2.
Pass By: The National Wax Museum Plus, 22 -25 Westmoreland Street Temple Bar, Dublin 2 Ireland
The tour passes the The National Wax Museum.
Pass By: O'Connell Bridge, Dublin Ireland
The tour goes over O'Connell Bridge and then back again.
Pass By: Trinity College Dublin, Grafton St. College Green, Dublin 2 Ireland
The tour takes you into the grounds of Trinity College Dublin
Pass By: Molly Malone Statue, Suffolk Street, Dublin Ireland
This tour goes to the Molly Malone Statue.
Pass By: St Ann's Church of Ireland, 18 Dawson St, Dublin 2, D02 YV57, Ireland
The tour passes the St Ann's Church of Ireland
Pass By: Saint Stephen's Green, St Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland
The tour takes you into and through St Stephen's Green.
Pass By: 1 Merrion Square E, Dublin 2 Ireland
The tour ends in Merrion Square.
Departure Point :St Patrick's Cathedral, St Patrick's Close, Dublin 8, A96 P599, Ireland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :The Oscar Wilde Memorial, Oscar Wilde Monument, Saint Peter's, Dublin, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.