Story of Spices- A Food Tour of Agra
Walking down the lanes of Agra leaves one absorbed by the aroma of the different spices, various food stalls and the overall diverse cuisines of the city. Be it while looking at the century-old spice shops at Rawatpada or eating the delectable and famous mutton stew at Pakiza Meat Shop, it is a wonder how different spices and flavours blend into the living history of the city, and how modern alterations to the original dishes over time have created new flavours that still retain the cultural significance of the dish. Join us on a food tour across the old city as we take you through a journey of myriad palates, with a variety of different dishes ranging from Mughlai non-vegetarian cuisine to braj ke bhalle, and discuss how the different spices/preparations used by generations have influenced the food and living culture of the city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - All the food and drink tasting bills are included.
What's excluded :
- Taste authentic Braj Food at more than 170-year-old food joints. Learn briefly about the history of the place and recipe of Satvik (without onion/Ginger/Garlic) Food.
- Visit the oldest snack food shop in 16th Century Market. Talk about spices and their use in local cuisine.
- Walking down the 16th-century shopping street of the city that was once an important part of the silk route. We'll taste pakoda/falafel and some indigenous sweets at the generation-old shop. Learn briefly about how acculturation among communities has shaped present day cuisine.
- Visit three generation old Soda shop and taste refreshing drinks with continued story of spices
- Live flute performance at a 17th century pathway - Here we'll talk about how culiniary art flourished during mughal era.
- Exploring taste of authentic mughlai cousin at Local Meat shop and talk about Akbar's kitchen Ministry and importance of feast culture in mughal tradition.
- We'll try freshly made Lassi and complete the food tour with another story of spices.
Departure Point :Jama Masjid, Subash Bazar, Kinari Bazar, Hing ki Mandi, Mantola, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282003, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Agra.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.