Stunning Art Nouveau Architecture Walk in Riga
Riga is definitely a city with beautiful architecture everywhere, but especially stunning are the Art Nouveau buildings. This luxurious, totally decorative style of architecture is one of the main reasons why the historical centre is included on the UNESCO World Heritage List and why those who appreciate culture and art visit Riga in the first instance. This tour will introduce you to so-called "beautiful era" or La Belle Époque in the beginning of 20th century, when Riga was one of the wealthiest cities in Europe. Our lovely and professional guides will explain you the philosophical meaning hidden behind the luxury facade decorations and will show you some stunning Art Nouveau examples - the most famous ones on Alberta Street and those that only locals know. The tour also includes visit to Art Nouveau Museum that has an unique collection of Art Nouveau design, art & furnishings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local, informative and friendly guide
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Ticket in Art Nouveau Museum (6 EUR for adults)
- Entry/Admission - Musee Art Nouveau
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old City Riga (Vecriga), Kungu Iela 3 Riga, Riga 1050 Latvia
Introduce yourself to what was called a "beautiful era", learn more about Art Nouveau architecture and understand why it is one of the main reasons Riga is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. You will start the tour in Old Riga (Vecriga) where you will see some beautiful examples of Art Nouveau buildings.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Alberta Iela, Centra Rajons, Riga 1010 Latvia
Some of the most stunning Art Nouveau buildings in Riga can be found on Alberta street. Often very decorative in their appearance, each of the symbols on the facades have their own meaning. During this tour, our unbeatable guides will tell you fascinating stories about the real meaning of the symbols, and will share their knowledge about how to distinguish Art Nouveau buildings anywhere in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Musee Art Nouveau, Alberta iela 12, Riga 1010 Latvia
This tour includes visit in Art Nouveau museum, a lovely place capturing what it was like to live in an Art Nouveau space and a house of that time.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jugenda Stila Nami, Riga Latvia
Art nouveau architecture in Riga exists well beyond Alberta Street. There are almost 800 buildings, most of them survived the 20th century, and during this tour we’ll explain how and why. We’ll also show you some of the hidden treasures that only the locals know about.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Audēju iela 7, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up travelers from any location in the city center including Riga Cruise Ships Port..
Return Detail :Ausekļa iela, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1010, Latvia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.