Stykkisholmur Sea kayak Day tour
This two-hour sea kayak tour is the perfect opportunity to experience Iceland's nature and wildlife at its very best. Truly a must-do for the adventurous traveller and nature lover eager to explore the west of Iceland. The tour takes you far off the beaten track as we kayak between the stunningly beautiful remote islands of Breiðafjörður (Broad Fjord) surrounded by mountains, glaciers and volcanoes.
On this personalised tour we teach clients the basic skills of kayaking before heading off in search of puffins and seals and to explore an abandoned shipwreck and learn about the fascinating history and geology of the wild and rugged Snæfellsnes peninsula. In a small group we enjoy the pristine nature in a unique and environmentally friendly way.
per adult from
What's included :
- All kayaking gear
- Professional Sea kayak guide
- Warm drink & water
- Transport from Kayak base to Harbour
What's excluded :
- Transport to Stykkishólmur
Kayak with the birds of Breidafjordur bay and explore some islands close to Stykkisholmur village.
After a short safety briefing you will be provided with all the necessary equipment for the adventure that awaits. We set out from the picturesque old harbour where local fishermen land their catch daily.
Breiðafjörður fjord is famous for its countless number of islands and incredible wildlife. On this tour we paddle close to a variety of seabirds, such as puffins and eider ducks. Round about us the occasional seal will curiously pop up to check out these new explorers.
If luck is on our side we might even catch sight of the king of Iceland’s birdlife, the white-tailed eagle, soaring high above us or nesting on one of the nearby islands. Our tour also takes in the abandoned shipwreck, Thorgeir, which has lain untouched for decades. For many this is the highlight of the tour.
All in all, this tour is the perfect way to explore Breiðafjörður fjord. Our groups are small and we take things at a gentle pace, suitable for beginners and experienced kayakers alike.
Departure Point :Austurgata 2, 340 Stykkishólmur, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 14 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.