SU NURAXI BARUMINI Unesco World Heritage Site
Visit Su Nuraxi in Barumini: the most famous "nuraghe" of the island, made up of several stone towers interconnected that form a special type of defensive structure dates back 3500 years. Explore the Nuragic village, where you will find different kind of huts, ancient grain mills, ovens, water tanks, spa environment. Enjoy the beautiful landscape that surrounds the archaeological complex, that ranges from winding and fertile hills to lush highland home to a unique little horse breed named “Cavallini della Giara”.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Driver guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from Cagliari. Pick-up from holiday resort in the province such as Villasimius, Costa Rei, Pula, Chia, is possible by paying a surcharge for the transport of € 100 at the time of tour check-in.
- Small group tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Su Nuraxi (€ 14 per person)
- Pick-up/drop-off from holiday resort outside Cagliari (in Villasimius, Costa Rei, Pula, Chia) € 100
- Entry/Admission - Su Nuraxi
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viale Su Nuraxi, 09021 Barumini, Sardinia Italy
Your private tourist guide will pick you up at the scheduled time by his comfortable minivan. During the 45 minutes route to Barumini, it will be tell you about the main features of the island and the landscape we will see from the car's windows. Once arrived, we will visit the imposing nuraghe "Su Nuraxi" and its village: an Archaeological complex whose most ancient traces are date back to around the 1500 b.c. We will begin from the village, where you will see various types of housing structures, the round ones, with a central courtyard, that go back to the nuragic period, and the rectangular ones, that belong to the punic-roman period. Noteworthy are a central court house with a spa environment perhaps home to a domestic cult, and the big meeting hut. Then, we will enter the real nuraghe, that can be reached by an iron ladder which leads to a tiny entry, placed at 7 metres of height. There we will visit the central tower, called “mastio”, that originally measured 20 metres in height, and the 4 side towers. The whole of the 5 towers makes a housing complex that, for its grandeur, reminds us of a medieval castle. After the visit to su Nuraxi, you will be taken to the place where your excursion began. The tour can also be enriched by choosing one of the different available options.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from any place in Cagliari is for free.Pick-up and drop-off from holiday resort in the province such as Villasimius, Costa Rei, Pula, Chia, is possible by paying a surcharge for the transport at the time of tour check-in.Ports
- Cagliari Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Local, professional and friendly tourist guide
- The tour includes walking trails on uneven ground, narrow corridors, inclined floors and stairs. It is compulsory to wear comfortable and closed shoes.
- Tour not suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Maximum 6 people per group
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At time of booking, customers must provide the details of the hotel where they are staying. Cruise ship passengers must provide the ship name.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- - Face masks required throughout experience and transportation - Hand sanitizer available - Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.