Sunrise, Doughnuts and Coffee on the Aerial Tram
The Aerial Tram is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC through at least July 2021. We cannot honor bookings for this tour until the tram reopens.
The early tour guest gets the spectacular views. We’ll pick you up in central downtown Portland, and take our favorite vista-filled drive across the city's western ridgeline, though pocket neighborhoods that feel like secrets. At OHSU, we’ll walk with you to the Aerial Tram. We’ll serve you craft roasted coffee and some of Portland’s best doughnuts with a view of the first morning light, then we’ll ride this feat of Italian engineering as the early sun reveals the city’s glowing colors.
At the bottom, we’ll walk to a new building that is helping redefine the city’s skyline, and head up to a viewing deck that shows off Portland’s youngest (and only earthquake-proof) bridge. We'll tell you the story of the bridge and its quixotic lights, and orient you to the city whose east-west divider lies before us.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Breakfast - A doughnut from one of Portland's best purveyors
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee at the top of (Portland's) world!
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for your early morning guides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oregon Health & Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239-3079
OHSU is Portland's biggest employer and an architectural marvel, perched as it is on top of a tall, narrow peak of the Tualatin mountains. Thanks to its dedication to patient well-being, the teaching hospital and research facility is packed with art, some of which we'll experience before boarding the tram.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: South Waterfront Lower Tram Terminal, 3303 S Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
From the top to the bottom, the Aerial Tram is a quick ride; we'll take our time at the top and then descend down together to the Lower Tram Terminal. Here, we'll learn more about why the tram was installed at OHSU, and what it means to the city and its visitors.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Southwest Vista Drive, SW Vista Dr, Portland, OR 97225, USA
Our favorite route to the top of the hill is on a road named "Vista"; you will see why as we drive to the top of the Aerial Tram.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: South Waterfront Park, 1814-1816 SW River Pkw, Portland, OR
We'll pass through the South Waterfront neighborhood (with more doughnuts nearby!)
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Tilikum Crossing, Crosses the Willamette River, Portland, OR 97201
We'll spend some time at the end of our favorite bridge, the Tilikum; and learn why it came to be here, and what makes it so special (and, at its launch, controversial).
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :815 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Selected additional downtown hotels may be available, but our goal is to get to the top of the hill early enough to see the early morning light, we limit morning pickups to three.
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.