Sunrise or Sunset Canoeing at Lake Mutanda
Canoeing at Lake Mutanda is a perfect and relaxing activity to do after the gorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. You will get excellent views of the Virunga mountains, see community farmlands and sight otters, and different species of birds.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Activity fee at Lake Mutanda
What's excluded :
- Meals, accommodation
- Ant other costs not included
- Transport from Kisoro town to Lake Mutanda (can be arranged at extra cost)
There are two canoeing treks scheduled at Lake Mutanda.
1) Sunrise canoe trekking. On this tour, you will board a wooden engine canoe on Lake Mutanda. You will spot otters and various species of birds. The journey will end at a historic island that has a rich history of the community near the lake.
2. Sunset canoe cruise. Soak up the evening atmosphere of this stunning lake. Experience the sights and sounds of the evening as the birds fly to their night roosts.
You will have to choose either the morning trek or afternoon/evening trek or do both. The price indicated here is for a separate tour in the morning and the afternoon.
Departure Point :Lake Mutanda, Uganda
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up guests for any hotel or lodge near Kisoro town or meet at Lake Mutanda
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.