Sunrise Tibetan Cultural Tour to Tibetan Settlements
This sunrise morning Tour is a unique opportunity to spend time in a local Tibetan community with our professional Tibetan tour guide to learn about Tibet, Tibetan people, buddhism, food, its culture, art and craft. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour. Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself is a Tibetan, who was born & grew up in one of the Tibetan village in Pokhara. Therefore, he has lots of information regarding Tibetan people living in Nepal and how they have well kept their Tibetan language & their buddhist culture. Therefore we encourage our guests to ask as many questions as they have regarding Tibetan people and their culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Breakfast and lunch
- Professional guide/driver
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Tibetan doctor consultation
- Entry/Admission - Jangchub Choeling Tibetan Monastery
- Entry/Admission - The Tibetan Encounter Day Tours P. Ltd
- Entry/Admission - Sarangkot
What's excluded :
- DVD (available to purchase) Tibetan music
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jangchub Choeling Tibetan Monastery, Tashi Palkhel Tibetan Settlement, Pokhara 33700 Nepal
Departure time :
We provide free pick up and drop off services only to those guests whose hotels are located around Lakeside area. We charge extra small transportation fee only for those guests who are staying outside of Lakeside area depending on their hotel location. Please provide us your hotel name and room number for your pick up.
Our pick up time from your hotel depends upon the seasons, therefore we couldn’t tell you in advance until we receive your booking on certain date. But we always leave well before dawn. We will let you know about our pick up time one day before our tour.
Return: 1 or 2 p.m.
We provide pick up and drop off services to and from your hotel. Please provide us your hotel name and room number once you booked your hotel at Lakeside, Pokhara.
After the sunrise and mountain views from Sarangkot hill. We will visit two different Tibetan villages around Pokhara valley. Our tours are typically base on educational and Tibetan cultural tour. We encourage our guests to ask questions regarding Tibetan people and Tibetan rich Buddhist culture.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group.
First, we will get up before dawn and drive to the top of Sarangkot hill. We will see the sun rise over the gorgeous snow-capped Annapurna Himalayas. But we can’t promise and guarantee you about the good sunrise and mountain view. Therefore, we don’t encourage any of our guests to do the Sunrise tour except if you take your own risk about the weather condition. ( NOTE : Prayer Chanting is not included in Sunrise Tour. )
• Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
• Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
• Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
• Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
• Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
• Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
• Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that outsiders are not allowed to visit inside the school and kindergarten.
• Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: The Tibetan Encounter Day Tours P. Ltd, 17th Street, Pokhara 33700, Nepal
The Tibetan Encounter Day Tour provides a unique opportunity to explore local Tibetan communities to learn and understand more about Tibet and Tibetan people living in Nepal. Our tour guide Mr. Thupten himself was born and grown up in one of the Tibetan village at Pokhara. He has lots of experience and information regarding Tibet and Tibetan people living in Nepal. He run this tour about 10 yrs ago. He will also let you encounter with rich cultural heritage of Tibetans in Pokhara, Nepal. In summary it is an educational, cultural tour. Furthermore we provide information regarding Tibetan Buddhism, culture, arts, Tibetan medical practice, Tibetan refugees living in Nepal etc.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Pokhara, Pokhara, Gandaki Zone, Western Region
The Tibetan Encounter day tours are a unique opportunity to spend a day in local Tibetan communities in Pokhara and learn about our rich cultural heritage. We run tours seven days a week.
Tibetan refugees in Nepal are eager to share their philosophies, way of life and dedication to preserving their culture.
It’s certainly a great way to spend your time. So, keep us in mind when you’re looking for things to do in Pokhara Nepal.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: North East of Town Sarangkot, Pokhara 33411 Nepal
Our tour guide will pick up our guests early in the morning from our guests hotel and drive up to Sarangkot hill. Our guests can enjoy the magnificent view of Fishtail and Annapurna mountain ranges from Sarangkot hill.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide free pick up & drop off services to and from our guests' respective hotels located at Lakeside area. But we charge extra small transportation fee only for those guests whose hotels are located outside of Lakeside area depending on their hotel location. Since the sunrise timing is different from different seasons. Therefore, we will provide you the pick up time once you confirm our sunrise morning tour. Please provide us your hotel name and room number for your pick up.
Departure Time :8/1/2017 - 12/31/2025
Monday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM Tuesday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM Wednesday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM Thursday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM Friday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM Sunday: 05:15 AM - 01:45 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.