Sunset Bioluminescence Tour on the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge
Sunset is a magical time on the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge. There is movement everywhere. Dolphins are rounding up their dinner, manatees are moving into the shallows to find a comfortable spot to spend the night. As the light fades and the sky ignites with dynamics color, “Mullethead Island,” a federally protected rookery, buzzes with activity as many of the refuge’s 358 unique bird species flock above you to their protected nests for the night. Typical species to expect include Ibis, herons, egrets, pelicans, cormorants, and roseate spoonbills, all set to the backdrop of rocket launch pads and iconic NASA landscape. Launch into your escape.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: A Day Away Kayak Tours, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, Titusville, FL 32796
Kayak to an island with a very diverse bird population before they settle in for the night, right next to a beautiful sunset on the horizon. Then, paddle to a nearby location to see various types of bioluminescence - one of only a few places in the world to see it.
Departure Point :A Day Away Kayak Launch Spot, Mims, FL 32754, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
- Water Shoes – sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
- Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
- Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
- Bottled water, Snacks
- Any special personal paddling gear if you like
- You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.