Sunset Boat Tour into Caroni Wetlands
This nature tour takes you in an open flat-bottomed boat into the famous Caroni Wetlands with open lagoons and waterways and a beautiful scenery of the serene landscape of this untouched mangrove swamp. In the sunset you view dozens of different species of wildlife with the highlight being the spectacular Scarlet Ibis. See hundreds of birds fly in unison to their roosting trees.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Caroni Lagoon National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caroni Lagoon National Park, Trinidad
This tour takes you into the beautiful serene landscape of the untouched mangrove Caroni Swamp, a world-class destination for bird watchers and outdoor enthusiasts, and home to the National Bird of Trinidad, the bright red Scarlet Ibis.
Bird life is particularly abundant in Trinidad and this tour provides a delightful introduction with appeal to bird-watching enthusiasts as well as those just interested in the outdoors. The Caroni Bird Sanctuary is a 48 square mile wetland area on Trinidad’s western coast, part mangrove swamp and part lagoon.
Upon arrival you will board a large flat-bottomed boat with outboard motor and slowly travel along the beautiful waterways admiring the unusual landscape and variety of birds, crustaceans and other wildlife. Birds you may spot include the neo-tropical cormorant, large-billed tern, tri-colored heron, red-capped cardinal, snowy egret and bi-colored cane-bill – to name just a few. Red, black and white mangroves populate the edges of the waterways and many tiny oysters cling to the roots of the mangroves. There are also possible sightings of non-poisonous snakes in the branches of the trees, caimans or silky anteaters.
Arriving in the wide lagoon, the boat becomes your floating vantage point to witness the protected brightly colored Scarlet Ibis. The birds feed and nest in this area and every sunset they fly in unison to roost, a spectacular cloud of red against the evening sky. They settle in the mangroves as the sun is setting, the quiet atmosphere of the lagoon adding atmosphere to a memorable trip.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels in Port of Spain and environs. Any pick-up outside of Port of Spain requires an additional cost.
Departure Time :2:45 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.