Sunset Sonoran Desert Hot Air Balloon Ride from Phoenix
This scenic hot air balloon ride takes you over the Sonoran Desert at sunset. Majestic views include McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Camelback Mountain, and the surrounding Phoenix metro valley. At the end of your 1-hour aerial tour, celebrate with a traditional post-flight Champagne toast and gourmet hors d'oeuvres.
per adult from
What's included :
- Champagne with gourmet hors d'oeuvres
- Souvenir postcards
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Souvenir Champagne flute (available to purchase)
- Two hours before sunset, meet your guide at a central location in Phoenix and board your off-road hot air balloon 'chase vehicle' to the launch site — the location will be determined by that evening's wind conditions. Take in the the beauty of the Sonoran Desert while the hot air balloon is inflated and prepared for launch.
You'll soar into the wild blue for about 1 hour. During this time, learn from your pilot-guide about Arizona history and the area's wildlife, including more than 1,000 species of flora and fauna. At altitude, look down at downtown and metropolitan Phoenix and hear tales of the local lifestyle.
Just before landing the balloon, cast your gaze over the landscape against a vivid Sonoran Desert sunset while floating above McDowell Mountain Regional Park, Camelback Mountain, and more.
After landing and while the colors continue spreading over the mountains, your guide will pull out picnic baskets and tables for a Champagne toast and gourmet hors d'oeuvres. Once the crew has packed up the balloon and you have enjoyed this age-old tradition, you will be taken back to your meeting point.
Departure Point :Happy Valley Towne Center, 2501 W Happy Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85085, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No open toed shoes or high heels
- Dress comfortable to temperature outside with light jacket
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 220. will be required to pay additional fees. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.