Sunset Tour at Cape Sounio, Lake of Vouliagmeni & Athenian Riviera
Enjoy a private half day tour in Sounio, the southernmost tip of Attica, where the horizon meets the Aegean Sea. Travel alongside the coastline of Athens, enjoy your coffee at the Lake of Vouliagmenis, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, admire a truly impressive scene and let the idyllic landscape amaze you!
Then, visit Cape Sounio, known for the imposing sanctuary of Poseidon which is one of the most important sights and archaeological sites of Attica!
You can choose to start the tour in the afternoon in order to combine it with the magnificent sunset, as seen from Cape Sounio!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English Speaking Driver
- Pick up & Drop off from your Hotel or Cruise Ship
- Bottled water - Refreshments/ Beverages for Passengers
What's excluded :
- Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
Pick up for your hotel or cruise ship, and pass by from coast line of Athens and Athenian Riviera for your first photo tour where we will have our first stop at the famous Lake of Vouliagmeni (for a coffee break before we visit Cape Sounio) a wonderful and so unusual natural beauty that offers the visitor true moments of relaxation.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
Continue our tour to Cape Sounio which is the most popular destination since you will have the chance to admire the sunset over the Aegean Sea, as viewed from the ruins, is a sought-after spectacle. Continue driving along the Mediterranean coastline (if you wish we will have a stop for panoramic photos) in order to reach the second most popular site of the Greek capital "Cape Sounio". During the afternoon hours you will get to enjoy breathtaking sunset over the Aegean Sea, Cape Sounio and Temple of God Poseidon!
Cape Sounio is located located 70 kilometres south-southeast of Athens, at the southernmost tip of the Attica peninsula in Greece. Sounion is noted as the site of ruins of an ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. According to legend, Cape Sounion is the spot where Aegeus, king of Athens, leapt to his death off the cliff, thus giving his name to the Aegean Sea.
The myth says that King Aegeus, anxiously looking out from Cape Sounion, devastated when he saw a black sail on his son Theseus's ship, returning from Crete. This led him to believe that his son had been killed in his contest with the dreaded Minotaur, a monster that was half man and half bull.
The tour can start any time that you wish. Either for Sunset tour either morning tour. The duration of the tours is about 5 hours.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pick up and drop off from your hotel in Athens, as well as your AirBnB, Cruise Terminal or from Athens International Airport (extra cost).Ports
- Piraeus Port
- Cruise Terminal - Piraeus Port
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Without Licensed Tour Guide 3/1/2020 - 12/31/2021
With Licensed Tour Guide 2/22/2020 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- You can start the tour either in the morning or in the afternoon so you can enjoy the sunset from Sounio.
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.