Sunset Tour at Enchanting Plaka
Visitors apart from the view can also enjoy:
-taking away their drinks from the local bars to the Balcony stone benches to enjoy the Sunset
-local, handmade on site, sweets in the cosy yard of an old Pastry shop
-traditional “ouzo” and local delicacies at the taverns
-shopping (clothing, accessories, jewellery, decorative objects (among them a small Venus de Milo or a Cycladic Idol) and a variety of other objects
-visiting the small but interesting “Folklore Museum” and/or the “Sand Museum”
-visiting the Orthodox Cathedral and its ecclesiastical treasures
-visiting the Catholic Chapel (specific period).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Venetian Castle of Milos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Venetian Castle of Milos, Plaka Greece
The ruins of the Venetian era Kastro (Castle) with white washed chapels standon its slopes.
Visitors can stroll in Plaka’s typical Cycladic architecture houses, since 19th century.
The must visit point is a large “balcony” of marble paving stones floor and white and black pebbles, typical island mosaic designs.
There stands the Cathedral of “Panagia Korfiatissa” (Virgin Mary on the Peak of the Hill), an old (circa 1810) beautiful church with valuable icons and ecclesiastical items.
There is also, very close, a small Catholic Church, built circa 1823, by the French Vice Consul on the island, Louis Brest. On its yard is a monument for his deceased wife.
Standing at the Balcony of Korfiatissa visitors will admire the beautiful sunset, and the superb view of the wide entrance of the gulf (2nd largest in the Mediterranean Sea) with the volcanic formations of the coastline, boats sailing on the deep blue sea, and afar like floating on water is the deserted high island of Antimilos or Erimomilos.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.