Sunset Tour: Cape Sounion Private Half Day Tour from Athens
Admire the famous sunset of the Cape Sounion in the best possible way and enjoy the services of your expert guide on this private tour to the Temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in classical mythology.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by luxury air conditioned vehicle
- Professional and licenced guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- One glass of wine per adult
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Glyfada, Glyfada, Attica
Begin your Sounion tour with a wonderful drive along the Athens Riviera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Hellinikon Olympic Coblex, Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza.
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
As you approach Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. At Cape Sounion where you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea. Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was hugely important to the Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that. After visiting the Temple, filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this site we will wait to admire one of the most amazing sunsets you could ever imagine. And when the sun begins to slowly touch the sea it is the perfect moment for a glass of wine, before returning back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up/drop off service from/to Athens hotels/apartments/Airbnb.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Saturday: 04:00 PM - 06:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The start time of this private tour depends from seasonality and the sunset time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Our guide and the driver will wear a mask throughout the duration of the tour. Whisper audio devices will be given to all our travelers to keep social distance guidelines. Mini Whispers are sanitized thoroughly both from our staff but also inside the charging cases with UVC lights sanitizer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.