Sunset Volcanoes Air Tour of the Big Island Volcanoes
Experience Hawaii's most scenic views aboard a fixed-wing Cessna Grand Caravan aircraft with no more than 9 passengers. The 2-hour air tour begins with breath-taking views of West Maui’s beautiful coastline and golf courses. Witness the magnificent Haleakala Crater in the distance, the breathtaking waterfalls up-close and personal, and the coast of the Waipio Valley. Keep an eye out for the Kings Trails. See the dynamic Kilauea Volcano and its powerful effects on the landscape. Heading back north, witness the majestic volcanoes of Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Crossing back over the channel, you will pass over Maui’s southern coast. As weather, volcanic and lava activity vary day by day, each tour is truly a unique adventure!
2 hours 15 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the parking machine at the TerminaL
- Souvenir photos and GoPro footage (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet at the Kahului Airport Commuter Terminal and check-in for the tour with the agent at the airport ticket counter. Once everyone is checked in, a gate agent will introduce you to your pilots who will be taking you to see the sights and wonders of Hawaii. There will be two pilots on every flight and they will review a safety briefing and help you get your GoPro mounted should you choose to rent one for your flight seeing adventure.
The airplane you will be taking your tour in is a Cessna Grand Caravan EX model and has been equipped with leather seats, extended leg room, and comfortable air-conditioning. For your pleasure, the aircraft are equipped with great audio headphones for you to embrace the music of local recording artist, Anuhea, and the narration of the tour by your pilots as you capture the audio-visual experience. Each seat has larger window so every guest will be able to see the sights of Hawaii. Get ready to experience the breathtakingly awesome sights of Hawaii from the air!
As you depart Kahului, you will see new perspectives of the colors of the land and sea. The views are epic and the emotions, smiles and grins are contagious. As you laugh and enjoy your tour you will soar over the sights of Maui and head to the Big Island of Hawaii toward your main destination of the Volcanoes National Park and its most famous feature, Kilauea Volcano, recently has been ranked among the most active volcanoes in the world. She might delight you with sparks and lava flowing into the ocean setting off steam vents. Depending on the weather and seismic activity what you see might vary by day.
Along the way the sights will all be narrated by your pilots so you will know exactly what you are seeing, as the 'Big Island' boasts all of the micro-climates of the world. Gain new perspectives into sights you may have never seen before such as Waimea Valley's dramatic cliffs as you head toward Hilo, and the waterfalls of the Kohala Coast. It will inspire you to visit this beautiful island chain over and over again.
Conclude the tour back in Kahului.
Departure Point :Kahului Airport, Commuter Terminal, Mokulele Ticket Counter for Check In
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Seats are assigned by the gate agent and will not be known in advance of the tour due to weight and balance of aircraft
- Infants 0-2 years old will be considered a lap child. If you require a seat for your infant, an adult ticket must be purchased
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 purse or carry-on bag. No checked luggage will be allowed for air tour.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of check in for flight
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.