Sunshine Coast Rocky Shore Educational Eco Tour
At Micro zoo we are passionate about the power of ecologically focused education to change our way of managing this precious planet. Beneath our feet lies a diverse and rich wonderland. Join us in an enriching, educational exploration of the beautiful Sunshine Coast Rocky Shore Ecosystem. Discover how Ecologists carry out research by learning real world survey techniques. Enjoy the thrill of understanding how this important ecosystem supports life on earth and how human activity can impact it in both positive and negative ways.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - You will enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ, mouth-watering steak, tasty gourmet sausages and fresh salads, chased down with a cold glass of local wine or craft beer brewed by James himself
- All Scientific equipment will be provided.
What's excluded :
Arrive at the beautiful secluded Shelly Beach rock platform, either in the morning or afternoon depending on the tides. Receive a brief but fascinating educational talk on the Rocky Shore ecosystem provided by your own personal ecologist. James will draw on his 20 years experience as an educator to explain how the intricate living and nonliving factors, influence the organisation of this precious and unique habitat. We then explore the rich Rocky Shore wilderness, surveying the ecosystem looking for the various fascinating key species and discussing their adaptations using simple ID charts. After this you will carry out your own research, learning how real ecologists gain understanding about this ecosystem and collect real world data, which will be added to previous groups work. James will then lead a discussion on the findings and the connections between; where species live and the local environments of each section of the Rocky Shore. For the perfect ending you will enjoy a classic Aussie BBQ, mouth-watering steak, tasty gourmet sausages and fresh salads, chased down with a cold glass of local wine or craft beer brewed by James himself!
Departure Point :21 Victoria Terrace, Shelly Beach QLD 4551, Australia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/25/2019 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.