Super tour - The Essential Bulgaria - Plovdiv, Kazanlak, Veliko Tarnovo
Bulgaria has many sightseeing jewels in its crown, but this 3-day super tour of Bulgaria will show you 3 of the most visited tourist sites - Plovdiv, Kazanlak Thracian Tombs and Veliko Tarnovo. We offer all three of them as one-day tours from Sofia, but we feel like it is too many hours sitting in a car, so we recommend a 3-day tour allowing you to explore better the places and to avoid many kilometers. This tour will also allow you to enjoy Plovdiv and Veliko Tarnovo at night.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1 Overnight in double room hotel 3* in Plovdiv
- 1 Overnight in double room hotel 3* in Veliko Tarnovo
- Door to door transfer to/from your hotel/accommodation in Sofia or Sofia Airport
- Guide in English throughout the trip
- Parking Fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day 1:
On the very first day we begin with a strong dose of history in Bachkovo Monastery and Plovdiv - discover the medieval monastery, Revival period (18th-19th century) houses (old quarter of Plovdiv) and Roman remains in the second largest city in Bulgaria. We will enjoy a city walk in the modern part, its nice restaurants, cafes, bars and parks. We will stay in a wonderful Renaissance style hotel right in the old town of Plovdiv.
• From Plovdiv we head up north to the Rose Valley of Kazanlak. In this rich historical area we will visit Kazanlak Thracian tomb (UNESCO), Goliama Kosmatka Seuthus 3rd Thracian Temple, and Shipka Memorial Church. We will then cross the Balkan range via Shipka pass, a historical place during the Russian-Turkish Liberation war (1877-1878).
• If we have time we can stop at Dryanovo Monastery for a quick walk around. Etara (museum town with an accent to local crafts from the 19th century) visit is a possible option if your group is energetic or if you decide to skip one of the Thracian tombs.
• We will stay overnight in a beautiful authentic hotel in Veliko Tarnovo and if we get lucky, we will enjoy a unique Sound and Light show over the medieval fortress.
• After a delightful breakfast in our cozy family hotel in Veliko Tarnovo it is time to begin our climb to the fortress of Tsarevets, Bulgarian medieval Empire capital. There you will learn all the history of Bulgarian people - its glory and defeats. In the early afternoon we will visit the amazing church in Arbanassi (Nativity of Christ) with its absolutely fascinating frescoes from 1632 and one of the oldest iconastasis.
• Then we will begin our 3-hour journey back to Sofia.
• An optional stop in Saeva dupka Cave is possible (entrance fee to be paid extra) if your time allows.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know the name of the hotel you are staying in order to schedule the pick up time. We will message you with exact time 2 days before your departure date.Airports
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.