Super Tuscan Wines and Etruscan Cities Small Group Tour
You will visit an unexpected part of Tuscany, near the coast, where the Etruscan people built their major Port (Populonia) and where nowadays some of the most famous wines are produced (the ones known as 'Super Tuscans wines')
You will see to the villages of Bolgheri, and Populonia/Baratii in the morning and in the afternoon you will visit Volterra, one of the most charming Tuscan hill towns.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bolgheri, Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci, Province of Livorno, Tuscany
Meet with your driver guide in Santa Maria Novella Square at approx. 8am. After a short introduction of the day, you will start heading towards the so called "coast of the Etruscans". We will first visit the Gulf of Baratti, one of the nicest places along the Tuscan coast, where you will appreciate the beauty of the Mediterranean sea. Here there was one of the most important cities of the Etruscans, Populonia.
Before lunch we will go to the lovely village of Bolgheri, a charming town famous for its wines, first of all the Sassicaia, considered to be one of the best Super Tuscan wines of Tuscany. In this wine area, they successfully combine tradition with modern technology and new grapes.
At lunch time we will take you to a local winery for a great wine and food experience, where you can have the possibility to taste Super Tuscan wines and have a light lunch at the estate.
Next we'll move on to Volterra, one of the oldest Italian towns, built by the Etruscan people in the VII century BC, nowadays a charming medieval hill town also known for the production of alabaster (and the setting of the "Twilight" movie). Here you will have free time to stroll around the medieval narrow streets on your own, where you can breathe centuries of history, visit the traditional shops with the alabaster hand-made crafts, or visit the archeological museum and the Roman theatre.
At about 5:00pm we will start driving back to Florence, arriving at approx. 6pm.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Florence, Metropolitan City of Florence, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
The driver will meet you at your hotel/accommodation
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.