Surf HNL: Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson (Ko'olina)
Have fun on the water with a stand-up paddleboard lesson at Pokai Bay during your vacation in Oahu, the perfect place to try this popular water sport. Stand-up paddleboarding (or SUP) began in Hawaii; it’s a great alternative to surfing or kayaking. An experienced instructor teaches you proper paddling technique, how to understand the ocean's movement, and how to maneuver your board. Take your choice of a private or small-group lesson; both options provide a personalized experience with your expert guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Stand-Up Paddle Board (rental)
- Wet suit and life jackets available
- Experienced lifeguard, CPR certified instructorsa
- 1-hour paddleboard lesson
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup available from Aulani Hotel for an additional fee
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup available from Four Seasons hotel for an additional fee
- Hotel Pickup available from Hampton Inn for an additional fee
- Head to Pokai Bay to meet your expert SUP instructor. Start your 1- or 2-hour lesson by getting outfitted with your paddleboard and other gear as needed.
Once you have your equipment, your instructor provides a brief introduction to stand-up paddleboarding before you head to one of the best spots to practice your new SUP skills. Learn to hold your paddle correctly, how to steer your paddleboard, and get tips on how to read the current and remain upright on your board. But don't worry if you fall in the water; the board has a leash that keeps it tethered to you and getting wet is part of the fun!
When you're ready, hop in the water, stand up on your board, and give it a whirl. For a relaxing ride, simply paddle around flat water. If you want more excitement, you can try to ride the waves on the SUP. You'll also get amazing views of Oahu's west coast from this gem of a beach. You may even spot sea turtles, dolphins, and fish in Pokai Bay.
Choose from a morning or afternoon lesson, and whether you want to learn with a small-group or by private lesson. Small-group lessons are limited to no more than four people per instructor. Both options provide comprehensive instruction and guidance on the water as you learn this popular water sport.
Departure Point :Pokai Bay Beach Park
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Pokai Bay Beach Park
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years for group bookings
- Minimum age is 5 years for private bookings
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.