Surf Lesson for Beginners in Famara: Introduction in Surfing
Our surf school in Famara was established in 2010 and, since 2014, every year we have been awarded with the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence!
We think that surfing can change the world and make it a better place. Wanna know how? - Come and join our surf family and you will find out on your own.
Our biggest joy is when we see fire in the eyes of a newborn surfer!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Surf board, wetsuit, rush vest
What's excluded :
Learn how to surf from scratch on Playa Famara, Europe's best beach break for beginner and intermediate surfers.
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
After a short briefing at the surf shop, your surf instructor will provide you with a wetsuit and a surf board. A short ride to the right spot on the beach and the action begins. A quick safety talk, warm-up, followed by exercises on the beach and in the water. Our instructors are always on your side, helping your on the beach and on the water. Most of our surf students catch their first wave on their first day!
So what's included:
- Surfboard according to your surf level
- Rash vest
- Practical and theoretical instructions on the beach and in the water, surf exercises, stretching
- Video Analysis (only available for 4,5hrs lessons)
- Medical insurance during the surf lessons
What will I learn:
- Choosing the right surf board and a wetsuit
- Finding the right places to surf safely
- How to recognise rips and how to deal with them
- Paddling on the surf board
- Stand-up techniques
- Find and catch your first waves
WARNING: Keep in mind that surfing is HIGHLY addictive and can have a significant influence on your future life!
• Famara Beach, Lanzarote Spain
Departure Point :Red Star Surf & Yoga Camp, Av. el Marinero, 9, 35558 Caleta de Famara, Las Palmas, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers who can't swim at least 50m
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.