Sutjeska National Park Hike Tour from Sarajevo
Experience Sutjeska National Park, the oldest in Bosnia, with a local guide. Spend a full day exploring the triangle of the Maglic, Zelengora, and Volujak mountains, with their dramatic cliffs and lush green nature. Admire the turquoise water in the dramatic deep valley of the Sutjeska River Canyon. Lunch is included.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trnovačko Lake, Montenegro
Even though we start the tour from Sarajevo, Bosnia, the lake is in northern Montenegro, best known for its heart-like shape. Located at an altitude of 1,517 metres, is one of most known trademarks of Sutjeska National Park, as this is the easiest approach to it. It is 700 metres long and 400 metres wide set amidst a "huge amphitheatre of rocky peaks". The lake is drained from the Maglić, the Volujak and the Bioč mountain ranges. The lake water has a deep green-blue colour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sutjeska National Park, Sutjeska National Park, Republika Srpska
Sutjeska National Park is the oldest National Park in Bosnia, established in 1962. It includes the highest peak of Maglić at over 2,386 metres (7,828 ft), on the border with Montenegro. The Montenegrin part of Maglić massif in the park has also formed the Trnovačko Jezero (Trnovačko Lake). The Strict Nature Reserve "Perućica", one of the last two remaining primaeval forests in Europe, is part of the park. The park is also famous as being the location of one of the greatest battles during World War II in this part of Europe, Battle of the Sutjeska in 1943.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Inat kuća, Veliki Alifakovac 1, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring your passport, in case we have to show it to the Montenegrin border control at Trnovacko Lake
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.