Suzhou Culture Day Tour
This in-depth Suzhou day tour will provide you with great cultural experiences. Not only you will explore Lingering Garden and Tiger Hill but also learn how to master the art of flower arrangement and bonsai making. Your day trip will end with a silk factory visit to give you a comprehensive understanding of silk manufacturing process.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up from the lobby of your centrally located hotel in Suzhou or Suzhou railway station to start the day. First, you will visit Lingering Garden. Occupying an area of 23,300 square meters (about 5.8 acres), the Lingering Garden is located outside of Changmen. Originally a classical Chinese private garden, it is one of the four most famous gardens in China. Possessing typical Qing Dynasty style. Furthermore, it is famous for the exquisite beauty of its magnificent halls and various sizes, shapes, and colors of the buildings. In 1997, it was recognized as an UNESCO World Heritage site.
After the garden tour, a florist will give you a flower arrangement presentation. Flower arrangement is the art form of using materials of plants and flowers to create a pleasing and balanced composition. Evidence of refined floral art is found as far back as ancient Egypt time. Professionally arranged flowers incorporate the elements of line, form, space, texture, and color. And the principles of flower arrangement emphasize on balance, proportion, rhythm, contrast, and harmony. Your florist will teach you how to master basic skills and appreciate botanic art. Later, you will be transferred to Shan Tang Old Street for a visit and have lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will take a boat ride along the canal to visit Tiger Hill. Inside Tiger Hill, you will visit Bonsai Garden with hundreds of different varieties of bonsai. Bonsai is a Japanese art form using miniature trees grown in containers. Similar practices exist in other cultures, including Chinese traditional Penjing which the art form was originated, and the miniature living landscapes of Vietnamese hòn non bộ. The Japanese bonsai art form dates back over a thousand years ago and has its own aesthetics and terminologies. An bonsai artist will give a bonsai making presentation and teach you how to master the art.
Afterwards, you will visit a Silk Factory. Suzhou silk has gained a worldwide reputation from as early as Tang and Song dynasties (618-1279). Suzhou is surrounded by mulberry fields and abounds in natural gifts. Abundant sunshine, plentiful rainfall and rich soils offer a pleasant environment for rich cocoons that yields high quality of silk. Suzhou has been the major producing area and the center of collection and distribution hub of raw silk in China. The factory tour is divided into three parts: the exhibition hall, which shows the history of Suzhou silk and ancient collections; the “factory at work” where you will see the complete technical process of silkworm raising, cocoon sorting, cocoon boiling, silk reeling, rewinding and packing; and finally, the product exhibition hall, which exhibits popular products from this factory including silk wadding quilt and many more.
At the end of factory visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel or Suzhou railway station where this tour concludes.
Departure Point :Your centrally located hotel in Suzhou or Suzhou Railway Station
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.