Swamp and Bayou Sightseeing Tour with Boat Ride from New Orleans
Nowhere is Louisiana’s wildlife more abundant than in the swamps and bayous of New Orleans. Take a boat ride through these swamps and bayous and be on the lookout for alligators, raccoons, snakes, turtles and native birds. Hear stories from your guide about local Cajun culture and the mysteries of the swamps and bayous.
per adult from
What's included :
- Narrated boat cruise
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Adventures of Jean Lafitte
What's excluded :
- Snacks and refreshments available for purchase on boat
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
After a short coach ride across the Mississippi River, embark on a fascinating 2-hour boat trip through the swamps and bayous of New Orleans.
Pass By: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
You will travel through the Barataria Preserve, part of the Jean Lafitte National Park & Preserve system. The preserve offers a taste of Louisiana's wild wetlands, protecting 23,000 acres of bayous, swamps, marshes and forests.
Stop At: Adventures of Jean Lafitte, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Swamp cruise narrated by local captain
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus
- Electrical wheelchairs are permitted, but special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 72 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Unfortunately, electrical scooters are not permitted
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.