Swim with Dolphins Big Island Kailua-Kona Hawaii
Drawing on years of experience, our captains and crew will take you up close and personal with the dolphin. As we search for these beautiful creatures in the warm tropical waters off the coast, our crew will share their knowledge about these fascinating creatures, how they live and their role in the ocean’s ecosystem. Nearly every day, year-round we are able to encounter these beautiful animals in their natural habitat. We have 98% success rate of locating the dolphins and letting them "choose" whether to swim with us or not. However the utmost respect and care are given to our aquatic friends to assure that we do not disrupt their rest, nursing and breeding behaviors.
When they do choose to swim with us, it is truly magical and can be a life changing experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Naturalist guides
- Snacks, fruit, juice and bottled water
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Flotation Aids included
What's excluded :
- Please bring towel and cover-up
- Use reef safe sunscreen only (zinc based recommended-no oxybenzone or octinoxate, lotion, NO spray)
Swim with Wild Dolphins. We are Kona’s first and original “Swim with Dolphins” Adventure the whole family will enjoy and talk about for years to come. Including getting some great photo opportunities both above and below the surface.
This adventure is focused on locating and spending quality time with the Hawaiian Spinner and Spotted Dolphins. Depending on their desire to interact with us; you may have an opportunity one or more times to view them from the boat and in the water. Depending on where and when we locate the dolphins there may also be time for a quick snorkel at one of the many beautiful reef areas along the Kona coast line.
Check-in is at 7:30 am.
• Dolphin Discoveries, 78-7138 Kaleiopapa St Keauhou Bay, Boat Launch Ramp, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
Departure Point :78-7138 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child under 8
- Must be comfortable swimming in the ocean
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Electronic Waiver required to be signed prior to tour
- We do not offer refunds in the event we do not see dolphin as they are wild animals. However, we do offer a re-ride on a space available basis.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Must be under 285lbs
- Must be able to climb up a latter to get back in the boat
- Not recommended for travelers with neck problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- *Negative COVID test required to waive quarantine req. *All gear is cleaned and disinfected after each use. All disinfectant products used are EPA approved. *Face masks required at check-in *Each boat is sanitized after each trip. *Guests may not congregate in groups of >5 in public areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.