Swiss Cow Parade - Alpine Festival
This tour focuses on the incredible alpine culture and traditions. This is a kaleidoscope of colour, sound and joy as people throng through the streets of the Alpine Villages around Switzerland. This amazing opportunity to discover the cultural diversity of the Swiss Alps is an adventure you should not miss!
Autumn in Switzerland begins with Alpabfahrt (Swiss cow parade), the annual tradition of 350,000 cows coming down the mountains. Swiss cows, having spent a long summer high up in the mountains, come down to the valleys for the cold winter months. The cows have floral crowns and their biggest, fanciest bells around their necks.
You will get to know a different country to the one other tourist see!!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private on line gallery with the festival images to be downloaded.
- Entry/Admission - Passenger Diaries
- Entry/Admission - Lake Lucerne
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Private expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable cars tickets to the Swiss Alps (for the extension option)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Passenger Diaries, Obergrundstrasse 71, Lucerne 6003 Switzerland
We will drive through the country side to locations off the beaten track to witness the cow festival.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Lake Lucerne, Lucerne Switzerland
The cow festivals take place in small communities around Lake Lucerne. Depending on the Month we will drive through out the swiss country side to get to the locations.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick up from every Hotel in Lucerne.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Our pricing is per Tour NOT per person so if there are 3 or more in your group, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big tour.
- Landscape and cultural sightseeing blend easily in Switzerland – In our tour extention, you will have the chance to combine your festival experience with an adventure trip to the swiss alps.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.