Sydney Opera House Official Guided Walking Tour
There is so much to discover just by coming inside on our Sydney Opera House Tour. Walk the halls and foyer spaces and learn what makes this building a masterpiece.
For the first time ever, on our 1-hour guided experience, watch unforgettable moments from past Concert Hall performances in an immersive digital experience within a new purpose-built venue that boasts state-of-the-art technology.
If you select one of the below options:
Beyond the Stage Tour & Brunch
Discover spaces and places normally hidden to the public as you explore the inner workings of the Sydney Opera House. Following the tour, enjoy a delicious brunch box and beverages, sitting harbourside at Opera Kitchen. Please note: enclosed shoes are essential, minimum age 10 years.
Tour & Dine at Opera Kitchen:
Make the most of a day out at the Opera House by going on our 1-hour tour followed by a lunch at one of the best dining venues by the harbour - Opera Kitchen.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Visit: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Your tour of the Sydney Opera House takes you behind the scenes of one of the world’s most iconic performance venues, where more than 1,500 concerts, plays, musicals and ballets are staged every year. Explore it with an insider guide, who shares stories and fun facts about the opera house’s history, performances and architecture throughout your 1-hour tour.
Walk through the elegant foyers, visit one of the largest pillar-free chambers in the world, sit down in a custom-made white birch chair and look up at the vaulted ceiling. Check out areas that are off-limits to the general public, learn about the distinctive exterior design made up of ‘shell’ tiles, and hear about opera house’s Danish architect, including his inspiration and building challenges.
Departure Point :Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note the standard guided tour contains approx. 200 stairs - Low Impact. If you have limited mobility there is a daily 12:00pm access tour available on request pre-booking is required please contact the supplier directly.
- Tours operate Thursday to Sunday. Tours do not operate on Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day before 1:00pm
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Beyond the Stage Tour & Brunch: Flat, enclosed shoes essential. Minimum age 10 years. Check in at Stage Door under the Monumental Steps at 9.15am
- Tour & Dine at Opera Kitchen: Can be redeemed anytime after your tour from 11.00am on the day of your tour booking at Opera Kitchen. Includes main meal and a beverage.
- One Hour Tour including Tour & Dine please check in at the Welcome Centre on the lower concourse level ten minutes prior to your tour time
- Infants under 5 are permitted on the 1 hour tour free of charge, however still require a ticket to be booked
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We strongly recommend that patrons over the age of 12 wear a face mask while attending a tour. You are responsible for maintaining the contact details for all of your guests for the purpose of contact tracing All tour guests will be required to provide their contact details on arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.