Sydney Shore Excursion: Sydney Opera House Walking Tour
Take a guided walking tour of Sydney Opera House while your cruise ship is in port to experience one of the world’s most famous performing arts centers. Plus, you’ll see the best views of the Sydney Harbour. Book this Sydney Opera House shore excursion ahead to ensure you don’t miss out on this popular tour.
Optional Add On: If you select the below option
Tour & Dine at Opera Kitchen:
Make the most of a day out at the Opera House by going on our 1-hour tour followed by a lunch or early dinner at one of the best dining venues by the harbour - Opera Kitchen.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
What's excluded :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Your tour of the Sydney Opera House takes you behind the scenes of one of the world’s most iconic performance venues, where more than 1,500 concerts, plays, musicals and ballets are staged every year. Explore it with an insider guide, who shares stories and fun facts about the opera house’s history, performances and architecture throughout your 1-hour tour.
Walk through the elegant foyers, visit one of the largest pillar-free chambers in the world, sit down in a custom-made white birch chair and look up at the vaulted ceiling. Check out areas that are off-limits to the general public, learn about the distinctive exterior design made up of ‘shell’ tiles, and hear about opera house’s Danish architect, including his inspiration and building challenges.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Passenger pick up is not required as the Sydney Opera House is located within a short stroll from Circular Quay port. Please meet your tour guide at the Welcome Centre Located on the Lower Ground Level of the Sydney Opera House - Please arrive approx 10 min prior to your scheduled departure time. The Sydney Opera House is located within a short 10 min walk from the Circular Quay port.Ports
- Circular Quay
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Traveler pickup is not offered as the port is within a short stroll to the Sydney Opera House
- There are approximately 200 stairs on this tour - Low Impact. It is not recommended for those with limited mobility who are unable to manage stairs an access tour is available by contacting the supplier directly
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Guided tours depart at certain times Thursday - Monday
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Tours do not operate on Good Friday, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day before 1:00pm
- Tour & Dine Option: Booking Time refers to tour time, please check in at the Welcome Centre 10 minutes prior to your tour. You will receive a ticket to redeem your main meal and beverage at Opera Kitchen after your tour.
- Tour & Dine Option: Main meal + beverage can be redeemed anytime between 11am - close at Opera Kitchen on the day of your tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Beyond the Stage tour - minimum 10 years old
- Tour & Dine Option: Children ages 5-15 years will have a childrens menu to select from
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks are strongly recommended for patrons aged 12 years and over. To help maintain physical distancing, this tour will be running at a limited capacity. All tour guests will be required to provide their contact details on arrival, signing in via a QR code or in writing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.