Sydney The Rocks Guided Walking Tour
Delve into the history of Sydney and British Australia on a leisurely 90-minute walking tour in The Rocks district with an expert guide. Enjoy the delights of present-day visuals as you explore The Rocks and hear the story of Sydney’s convict past as you discover shady courtyards, narrow laneways and hidden areas that even the locals do not know about. Stroll along the shoreline of Sydney Harbour with views of the Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, past Cadman’s Cottage and Campbell’s Cove.
• The shoreline of Sparkling Sydney Cove
• Harbour views of Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
• Cadman’s Cottage, The Rocks oldest surviving cottage built in 1816
• Campbell’s Cove, offering fantastic views of Sydney Harbour
• Awe inspiring Argyle Cut begun with convict labour in 1843
• Within The Rocks historic precinct, we will wander through Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Suez Canal, Foundation Park and much more.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90 minute guided walking tour
- Specialist trained guide with expertise in & around The Rocks
- Umbrella (if required)
- Guide has amplification for ease in hearing commentary
- Entry/Admission - The Rocks Walking Tours
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (provided for private bookings)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- The Secrets are Alive in the Sandstone – join a walking tour visiting The Rocks picturesque historic sites and hear the tales about ordinary people who did extraordinary things and so began the compelling story of British Australian settlement!
The Rocks Walking Tours’ specialist trained local guides provide walking tours within the heart of historic and picturesque Rocks precinct, departing daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm from a handy location within The Rocks
The tour is conducted within intimate groups of no more than 25 people for a duration of 90 minutes covering approximately 1.2 miles (2 km) at a leisurely pace.
Weave your way through hidden narrow alleyways, along charming cobbled lanes and into shady courtyards, lingering by quaint terrace cottages, some of these sites could be overlooked by casual unguided visitor.
You will be captivated by the charm of this special place and the commentary will intrigue and entertain you!
Your Rocks walking tour will include the shoreline of sparkling Sydney Cove, spectaular harbour views of Sydney's Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, Cadman's Cottage -- Sydney CBD's oldest surviving cottage built in 1816, Campbell's Cove a beautiful, intimate cove offering fantastic views of Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Campbells Cove wharves, Argyle Cut and the Garrsion Church, officially known as the Church of Holy Trinity, built in the1840s.
Within The Rocks historic precinct you will wander through George Street, Greenway Lane, Kendall Lane, Rocks Square, Playfair Street, Foundation Park, Suez Canal and Nurses Walk and much more!
Departure Point :35 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children and Infants must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved covering approx. 1.2 miles (2km) at the pace of the groups participants
- Small groups (no more than 20 people)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress to the predicted weather conditions appropriate for an outdoor activity
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat and a bottle of water suggested
- Tour encompasses uneven surfaces, cobblestones, worn sandstone flagging and steps; while these elements of the tour have never been considered to be strenuous by most people, for others this may be considered as an unsuitable activity.
- Tour is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a powered wheelchair/ scooter
- Meeting point is easily accessible on foot for cruise arrivals/ shore excursions
- Wheelchair (manual) and pram friendly route
- Toilet facilities accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.