Syn City SF: The Synesthesia Walking Audio Tour of Haight-Ashbury by VoiceMap
The Haight-Ashbury is San Francisco's most colorful neighborhood! It's even more spectacular when viewed through the filter of synesthesia, a rare neurological condition that fuses one's senses. Synesthetes experience sensations such as colored music and flavored words. You'll feel the Haight-Ashbury from a synesthetic perspective as we explore this historic district on a self-guided GPS audio tour.
Our route will take us along vibrant Haight Street, past landmarks important to the 1967 "Summer of Love" and San Francisco's dynamic music scene. Then, we will stroll through lush Golden Gate Park to a post-modern observation tower nine stories above the city streets. Please join me for a fascinating walk through the hippy epicenter of 1960s counter-culture, the Haight-Ashbury!
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Syn City SF: The Haight-Ashbury tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
Haight-Ashbury has an old hippie vibe to it and is popular with those seeking to relive their misspent bohemian youth. Upper Haight Street has an interesting mix of dive bars and casual restaurants, vintage clothing shops, record stores and bookshops.
Haight-Ashbury borders the famous Golden Gate Park, and has a variety of colorful Victorian homes which includes the Grateful Dead House. See the neighborhood's best sights and hear her hidden stories with entirely new senses in this audio tour from synesthetic author CC Hart.
Departure Point :730 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2021 - 2/23/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.