Syracuse, Ortigia and Noto Private Day Tour from Catania - Sicily
Located near the Southeastern corner of Sicily on the Ionian coast, Syracuse is built on an ancient Greek settlement founded by Corinthians in 734 BC. Syracuse was the city of Archimedes, Pindar and Aeschylus, whose plays are still performed in the huge amphitheater. Syracuse has also a Roman one. Known, famous for the flower festival, is a small town in the South-East, founded again in the 1700s, and is considered the "heart of the Sicilian Baroque". Its cathedral, was rebuilt again, after 10 years of difficult weather conditions, is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. On board of a Piaggio TriVespa you will visit Caltagirone a little town full of swirling patterns, vibrant colors, painstakingly detailed designs: wherever you go in Caltagirone this is what you will see! The highlight is undoubtedly the 142 steps of the Staircase of Santa Maria del Monte. Here you will also taste typical Sicilian food (arancino and cannolo).
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur
- Private professional guide in Siracusa, Ortigia and Noto
- Entrance tickets in the archeological area of Syracuse
- Entrance tickets in the Cathedral of Ortigia
- Entrance ticket in the Church of St. Lucia
- Entry/Admission - Noto Antica
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages unless specified;
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Syracuse, Syracuse, Province of Syracuse, Sicily
Located near the Southeastern corner of Sicily on the Ionian coast, Syracuse is built on an ancient Greek settlement founded by Corinthians in 734 BC. Syracuse was the city of Archimedes, Pindar and Aeschylus, whose plays are still performed in the huge amphitheater. Syracuse has a large Greek amphitheater (literally carved out of the rock) and also a Roman one, both well preserved. Syracuse is the city of Italy that preserves more Greek history, in fact, its own name already transports you to the ancient Greek Empire.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Isola di Ortigia, Isola di Ortigia, Syracuse, Province of Syracuse, Sicily
Syracuse's older residential quarter is an island, Ortigia, from the Greek for quail, probably named for that bird's abundance in this area. Ortigia is connected with the island of Sicily through two short bridges and is known for, among many other things, the freshwater Spring of Arethusa.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Noto Antica, Strada Provinciale 64 Monte Alveria, 96017, Noto, Sicily Italy
This small town in the south-east was founded again in the 1700's. It is the heart and at the same time the starting point for a visit to the valley of the Sicilian Baroque. Its cathedral, also perfectly raised and rebuilt again after 10 years of difficult work, was included in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults
- Customers with physical limitations can have problems walking inside the archeological area.
- Or any allergies at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.