Szentendre - The picturesque Artists' Village
Szentendre is a small baroque Mediterranean feel town, located at the gate of the famous Danube Bend, in a truly wonderful region.
The beauty of the nature and the lively colorful mosaic-like blocks of houses have attracted many artists throughout the years. Szentendre became the cultural center of Pest County, dozens of museums were opened in the city center from the works of artists connected to the village.
The region was Roman settlement. In the 18th century Serbs settled down here escaping from the Turkish invasion. Becouse of the Serb, Greek and Dalmatian influance Szentendre has such a wonderful historic Mediterranean atmosphere
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- I pick You up at your hotel (or wherever is the most convenient for You). Then we have a short ride enjoying the beautiful scenery till we reach the picturesque Artists' Village.
We start our tour with the visit of the oldest and one of the most important architectural monuments in Szentendre, the 800 years-old ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH CHURCH on Church HIll. From the top we can get a full panorama of the town centre.
We explore some of the must-see places such as:
- The Micro Wonder Museum - a grand collection of miniature art so tiny you can only see it through the lens of a microscope!
- Szamos Marzipan Museum: where everything made of Marzipan. There is an opportunity to taste the unique Szamos Marzipan and for shopping, as well.
- Kovács Margit Ceramic Museum - with beautiful collection
We can take a pleasent walk along the revamped Danube promenade and have some refreshment in one of the nice cafes or have lunch and taste the local dishes in one of restaurants on the bank of the river.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Budapest or wherever is the most convenient for You
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.