Tafi del Valle and Quilmes Ruins Full-Day Tour from Tucuman
The Diaguita Indians called Tafí del Valle “the town of the magnificent entrance” and they were right: Tafí del Valle is one of the most heavenly destinations in Tucumán. Once people get to this summertime villa, the valleys welcome their visitors with their green and brown colors that contrast with the blue sky, with a dike over which the sun reflects and with unpaved roads that are a testimony of years of history. A must do when visiting San Miguel de Tucumán.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Quilmes Ruins (Ruinas de Quilmes)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Miguel De Tucuman, San Martín 564, T4000CVL, T4000CVL San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina
Hotel pick up from Tucuman (selected hotels only).
Stop At: Reserva Los Sosa, Las Sosas, Tucumán, Argentina
Leave Tucumán behind and start ascending the valley through the Route 307. The road goes into the Los Sosa River Gorge, part of the Natural Reserve with the same name. Continuing, we will sight the monument "El Indio".
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Menhires Provincial Park, Tafi del Valle Argentina
Higher, the entrance to the Valley of Tafi is simply shocking. Surrounding La Angostura Dam we will arrive at The Mollar to visit The Menhires. It only takes a walk along the Archaeological Reserve Los Menhires and a look at the 50 types of rocks dating from more than 2000 years (from the beginning of the Christian era)- that rise up to 3 meters high- to be amazed by the archaeological legacy of the primitive races.
The word menhir has a Celtic origin and it means “long stone”. The shapes represented in the mehnirs are surprising: sometimes they show human faces and other times animal faces, mainly felines. Others are geometric and there also are combinations of different types.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tafi del Valle, Tafi del Valle, Province of Tucuman, Northern Argentina
Later we will visit the picturesque city of Tafi del Valle. Inside Tafí del Valle, the Jesuit architecture is preserved, the oldest section was built by the Jesuits in the first half of the eighteenth century. In the valley we will have free time for lunch (optional) an then we continue through the Route 307 up to the viewpoint from which the best views of the valley are obtained, in a pronounced zigzag until Abra del Infiernillo , at 3,042 meters high.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Quilmes Ruins (Ruinas de Quilmes), Ruta Nacional 40 Cerro Alto El Rey A 20 Km de Amaicha Del Valle, Amaicha del Valle Argentina
In Amaicha del Valle we will visit the square and its surroundings. After connecting with the 40 National Route, the Sacred City of Quilmes breaks left. The visitor will be able to tour the complex with the company of a guide and will be amazed to know every detail of the last bastion on aboriginal resistance against the Spanish advance, that finished in 1667, when 1700 survivors were sent, walking, to the proximity of Buenos Aires (currently the city of Quilmes), where only 400 of them made it there. The Museo del Sitio (currently out of service for restoration) showcases pieces obtained in the excavations and invites you to dive into an unprecedented legacy.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Miguel De Tucuman, San Martín 564, T4000CVL, T4000CVL San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina
The return includes hotel drop-off in Tucumán.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :San Miguel de Tucuman, San Miguel de Tucuman, Province of Tucuman, Northern Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfers are only from centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance, in case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.