Tahoe City 3-Hour Single Kayak Rental
Paddle along the historic western shore of Lake Tahoe with a three hour kayak rental in Tahoe City. Enjoy crystal clear waters and stunning mountain views of one of California's storied treasures while searching for birds and wildflowers. Explore some of the most beautiful scenery in North America on this magical, self-guided paddle on this gorgeous, blue lake ringed by 12,000 ft. mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak, life-jacket, and paddle
- All taxes and fees
What's excluded :
- Transportation to and from the facility
- Not valid on weekends and holidays
- Lake Tahoe is a year-round playground offering incredible hiking, boating, and kayaking through most of the summer and some of the best skiing in North America in the winter. Ringed by massive mountains and beautiful pine forest, the lake is the largest alpine lake in North America and one of the deepest in the United States. Every year, thousand of visitors and residents alike flock to the lake to escape the searing heat of the California Central Valley and to enjoy the abundance of incredible water sports and outdoor activities the area offers.
Your three hour kayak rental will start at a local kayak facility near the mouth of the Truckee River, Lake Tahoe's only outlet, where you have the option to paddle out in whatever direction you feel like. The lake is 12 miles across and dozens of miles long, and although you may be tempted, you'll want to stay close to the shore and avoid trying to cross among the motorboats and jet skiers cruising the area. Your single-person kayak will keep you afloat among the gentle waves and light wind that cross the lake in the early morning and afternoon as you float by the granite boulders and massive sugar pines that ring the lake. The time will pass quickly as you work your muscles and push yourself throughout the three hours until you return to the river to disembark for your next adventure - unless you decide to upgrade to a full day rental!
Departure Point :Tahoe city kayak kiosk, 400 N Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA 96145, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 5yrs are not permitted
- All guests are required to carry lifejackets
- Guests 14yrs and younger are required to WEAR their lifejackets
- Please provide your contact number at time of booking so the tour operator can follow up with important information about your tour
- Please dress appropriately in comfortable quick-drying clothing
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.