Talampaya National Park from San Juan
If you are traveling through Argentina you cannot miss the visit to the Talampaya National Park, a unique destination and outside of the conventional itineraries, which surprises with its formations and unusual soil characteristics.
The Talampaya Canyon is the most important and impressive attraction of the National Park. Here you can walk between huge reddish walls about 150 meters high, various geoforms (El Monje, La Torre, Etc.) and magnificent rock manifestations called geoglyphs.
We invite you to visit this wonderful place where you can make a circuit of your choice within the Park.
per adult from
13 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide in English/Spanish
- Pick up/Drop off from central hotels
- One circuit within the National Park (to choose between the 2 options)
- If you choose the Circuit n° 2, food and wine tasting
What's excluded :
- Lunch, food and / or drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Entrance to the National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Province of La Rioja, Province of La Rioja, Cuyo
We will leave from our selected hotels in the city of San Juan at approximately 7 AM. We will start the tour going north of the province through the famous Route 40, crossing the San Juan River and taking Tourist Route 150 at the height of the town of Albardón. We will continue until we reach the limit of San Juan with La Rioja, and then we will take Route 76 to the Talampaya National Park.
In 2000, UNESCO declared this National Park as World Heritage Site together with the Ischigualasto Provincial Park. This Park of 215 thousand hectares is located in the south of the province of La Rioja, and in its interior, we can see among its reddish and brown colors flashes of how life was millions of years ago.
Stop At: Talampaya, La Rioja, Argentina
The Talampaya Canyon is the most important and impressive attraction of the National Park.
Here, we will continue our journey according to the circuit chosen to perform.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Talampaya National Park, Talampaya National Park, Province of La Rioja, Cuyo
Circuit N ° 1: Talampaya Canyon Experience
We will make the excursion in comfortable and modern vehicles, following the channel of the Dry Talampaya River and through the Canyon that bears the same name. We can go down for small walks to interact with this impressive place, in 4 different stations: Petroglyphs, Botanical Garden, Gothic Cathedral and El Monje. On this 3-hour tour in combi or minibus, we can Know the irregularity of the 150 meter high walls that open and close at every step, wrapping us in a dreamlike atmosphere.
Circuit N° 2:4x4 experience at the Talampaya Canyon and Shimpa Canyon
This excursion is more complete since in addition to the 4 previous stations we will be touring the Shimpa Canyon, an atypical place populated with carob trees. This excursion is done in special 4x4 with all comfort and large windows to not miss any detail. It lasts 4 hours, and we can also enjoy a catering service in a spectacular setting.
We will return to San Juan at approximately 9 pm.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :San Juan, San Juan Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.