Taormina & Aetna with wine tasting and lunch on the volcano - From Siracusa
The tour will start with a visit to Taormina, the beautiful Sicilian town perched on a rocky promontory overlooking the Ionian Sea. An expert local guide will take you on a leisurely yet insightful walk through its charming streets, covering the town’s major sights, including the spectacular Greek theatre, the stunning public gardens with breathtaking views of Etna and the coast, and the cathedral overlooking the central square. Then the driver will continue the journey to mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe. This area is renowned for the production of pistachio, honey and fine wine, with grapes grow aplenty thanks to the exceptional richness of the volcanic soil. Here you will visit a family-run wine estate to taste some delightful local wines and enjoy a delicious lunch surrounded by fabulous views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Entrance fee to Greek Theater
- Commented Wine Tasting in a family-run wine estate
- Expert Local Guide in Taormina
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Theatre of Taormina
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
What's excluded :
- Guide on Aetna Volcano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taormina, Taormina, Province of Messina, Sicily
Taormina has been a tourist destination since the 19th century. Its beaches on the Ionian sea, including that of Isola Bella.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ancient Theatre of Taormina, Via del Teatro Greco, 1, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
The Ancient theatre of Taormina is built for the most part of brick, and is therefore probably of Roman date, though the plan and arrangement are in accordance with those of Greek, rather than Roman, theatres; whence it is supposed that the present structure was rebuilt upon the foundations of an older theatre of the Greek period.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Mount Etna is one of the world's most active volcanoes and is in an almost constant state of activity. The fertile volcanic soils support extensive agriculture, with vineyards and orchards spread across the lower slopes of the mountain and the broad Plain of Catania to the south. Due to its history of recent activity and nearby population, Mount Etna has been designated a Decade Volcano by the United Nations. In June 2013, it was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your driver at your hotel.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.