Taormina: Full-Day Etna Off-Rod 4x4
The tour in the North side of Etna starts following the main road towards Nunziata Mascali, then continue going up the lava flow of 1928 in lava quarries, a stop near the chapel built by the devotees as thanks to the miracle to the village of Saint Alfio, then up to the craters Sartorius 1865 to make a walk of about 50 min. at about 1750 meters above sea level. From here visiting other natural sites of special interest and ancient and recent lava flows you get to the refuge Ragabo to 13:00, free time at disposal (lunch on option). Visit by walk to a lava cave, afterwards transfer to Gambino winery to make a tasting of wines and typical products of Etna.
In the afternoon, return to hotel/place of start meeting points.
The guide / tour leader along the way will give some tourist and nature information in English language, in off-road vehicles all linked by radio.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Jeep safari transportation
- Wine Tasting
What's excluded :
- Anything else not specifically mentioned in “what’s included”
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
- Entry/Admission - Gambino Winery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
Jeep safari experience on the slopes of the volcano – hidden and private track opened only for us
Learn the deep secrets of the mountain and its troublesome history
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Gambino Winery, Contrada Petto Dragone SNC, 95015 Linguaglossa, Sicily Italy
Enjoy the unique wines produced by grapes growth in its volcanic soil
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Terminal Interbus Taormina, Piazza Luigi Pirandello, 98039 Taormina ME, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
it better to advise your accommodation at the time of your booking so we can advise the best pick-up for you.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.