Taos Winery Tour
Experience the first and oldest grape growing region in the country! By visiting three wineries and their vineyards, taste your way through New Mexico wines. Learn about the different grapes that grow in our high desert, short growing season, see where the grapes are actually pressed and processed, and taste our version of varietals you may be familiar with, and others you're meeting for the first time. This private tour includes all fees and tips (except your guide's gratuity) and door to door service, so don't worry about driving, your guide has you covered!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Tasting room server tips
- Wine tasting room fees
What's excluded :
- Tour guide gratuities (while not required, gratuities of 15-20% of tour cost is welcomed to make your guide feel appreciated and valued)
- This is a private tour that can accommodate you and a loved one, or you and your friends/family/bachelorette party/etc. With convenient pickup at your accommodation, or, if you're visiting Taos for the day, at a place of your choice, your four hour winery tour begins at 1pm.
A scenic drive to the first winery in the artist colony of Dixon, La Chiripada is a family run winery in the Embudo Valley. Started by two brothers in the 1970's, it's now operated by their son/nephew. After tasting up to 6 wines of your choice, you'll venture to Black Mesa Winery in Rinconada, another scenic small town in the stunning Rio Grande canyon and full of Petrogylphs. With 6 more wine tastings, be sure to ask for a sample of their famous and delicious chocolate wine! You'll receive a souvenir wine glass, if you choose to take with you. The final stop is at Vivac winery located in the canyon on the road back to Taos. The tour will finish around 4:30PM dropping you back off at your accommodation in Taos, New Mexico.
All wine tastings and server tips are included, as well as transportation and riveting information on the Spanish and Native American history of the area. Not included are snacks or guide gratuity (while not required, gratuities of 15-20% of tour cost is welcomed). Keep in mind that you are consuming alcohol at elevation, which may increase the effects of alcohol. Drink plenty of water and eat lunch before you join the tour.
Departure Point :1 Taos Mountain Ln, Taos, NM 87571, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Please call us to notify us of your accommodation in Taos, NM where will will pick you up at the beginning of your tour. If we do not receive information indicating where to pick you up, we will meet you at the Taos Plaza Gazebo in downtown Taos. Here is a Google Map link to the Taos Plaza Gazebo:
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years, must be at least 21 years to participate in this tour
- Minimum of 2 guests required to book.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.