Taquile Island Fast Boat Cultural Tour
Perfectly combining nature and culture on this enriching full day excursion by fast boat from Puno, to the two most impressive islands on Lake Titicaca. Visit the floating island of UROS, to see and understand how the lives of the communities on the islands are based around the many practicalities of the reeds. Continue with a breathtaking boat ride along Lake Titicaca to the remote side Taquile island, where the local families share their peaceful existence. This itinerary is a brilliant mix of understanding the different traditional lifestyles, while enjoying the breathtaking views.
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up/drop off from your hotel (only hotels located in downtown Puno)
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Roundtrip transportation in a fast boat
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Cold drinks
- Optional Totora boat ride
- Supplemental charge for Pickups from hotels outside the city of Puno (Libertador, Eco Inn, Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inca, Jose Antonio and hotels in the village of Chucuito)
- Duration Full Day
07:00: Pick up from your Hotel in downtown Puno
07:30: Departure from the Port, introduction of Lake Titicaca
07:45: Welcome to the floating islands by the UROS community. The president will give us a demonstration of how the floating islands are constructed and maintained. We will get an insight in the daily lives and homes of the families.
09:00: Optional Boat ride on the traditional reed boats with the ladies of the Uros Family
09.40: Boat ride to Taquile island
11.00: 30-min introductory hike to the history and nature of the peaceful Taquile island
11.30: Welcome by the Taquile community, get an insight in the daily activities, customs and traditions.
12.00: Demonstration how to make organic shampoo from local products, followed by Traditional dancing performances of the families; Pachamama and Pachatata.
12.30: Lunch in a local restaurant. Quinoa soup, fresh fish caught in the lake, vegetables and traditional tea.
13.30: Beautiful Hike with breathtaking views of the island and the lake; learn about plantations and local products.
14.30: Relaxing time at the amazing hidden beach of Taquile and boatride back to Puno
17:00: Arrive back to the port of Puno, transfer to your Hotel
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us via whatsapp as soon as you arrive in Puno so we can confirm the pick up time for the following day.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, check with us if you need a price quote for a private tour or a tour guide in another foreign language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.