Tara Montenegro Rafting Full Day Tour
Tara River is formed by the merging of two rivers, Opasnica and Veruša.This river is known for its clean water as the “tear of Europe“. With a length of 146.4 km it is the longest river in Montenegro. Its clear and icy water can be drunk in any part of the stream. It is one of the most attractive rivers in the world, created for lovers of adventure and active vacation. The last 25 km of Tara river and the canyon represent the most attractive part for rafting with beautiful landscapes and 20 most exciting rapids.
Tara canyon is the deepest in Europe (1.333 m deep), and the second in the world after the Colorado canyon in America. The largest part of the Tara River, including its canyon, is under the protection of UNESCO as part of the Durmitor National Park since 1977, and it is one of the 25 most important natural sights.The river and the canyon abound in natural phenomena, cliffs and rapids.
Check why many tourists choose this tour and let to the adventure and unforgettable rafting!
per adult from
What's included :
- Driving from Šćepan Polje to Brštanovica by terrain vehicles
- Insurance during rafting, Local taxes, Tax for rafting
- Rafting with a licensed skipper
- Complete rafting equipment (neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets)
- Breakfast and Lunch
What's excluded :
- Other non-program costs
Meeting with skippers and other participants in rafting, a traditional Montenegrin breakfast at the restaurant on the riverside (approx. 1 h 30 mins).
Preparation for rafting – fitting with neoprene clothing and footwear, safety belts, helmets (set for Go Pro camera) – 30 minutes. You can take camera and mobile phones with yourselves, because there is a safety, waterproof bag in your boats where you can leave your stuff during rapids, and use them during breaks as well as in quiet parts of the river.
Your adventure begins with short and exciting driving by off-road vehicles to the starting point of the rafting tour “Brštanovica” (approx. 40 min). When you arrive, skipper will give you all instructions that you need for rafting, so the important thing is listen to him and be careful what he will say. Also, he will inform you during the rafting before each rapid.
Rafting with pauses for swimming and photography at the most beautiful places and unavoidable most beautiful waterfall on the Tara (3 – 4 hours).
Back to the camp. Traditional Montenegrin lunch – approx. 1 h. Almost all products are of organic origin, purchased from local breeders and manufacturers.
The end of the tour.
• Tara River Canyon, P4, Dobrilovina, Zabljak Municipality Montenegro
Departure Point :Šćepan Polje, Brijeg, Plužine, Montenegro
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Min. age for participating in rafting: 6 years
- Most travelers can participate
- Availability: April - October each year (depending on weather conditions)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.