Tara Salt Flat in Atacama
An ideal walk to know the most beautiful landscapes that surround San Pedro de Atacama. We will travel to reach 4,500 meters above sea level, while we border the Licancabur Volcano and the Zapalieri River, and climb the Andes Mountains.
The excursion to the Salar de Tara invites us to see landmarks such as the Bofedal de Quepiaco, the Monks of the Pecan and the Salar de Tara. Places where the tranquility of the place also constitutes a precious attraction.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels only)
- Professional Guide
- Lunch & Drinks
- Entrance Fee
What's excluded :
- Extras not detailed in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Salar de Tara
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Pedro de Atacama, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region
We start the tour from centrally located hotels
Stop At: Quebrada de Quepiaco, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta, Chile
We will begin our trip from San Pedro de Atacama to our first stop, which will be the Bofedal de Quepiaco. On the way we can see landscapes of great beauty, such as the Licancabur volcano and the Zapalieri river, while we climb the Andes Mountains.
In the Bofedal de Quepiaco we can observe the typical fauna composed mainly of flamingos and vicunas. Then we will continue until we reach Los Monjes de la Pacana, a basin where you can see remains of volcanic sediment eroded by the action of water and wind, making the rocks take curious forms.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Salar de Tara, San Pedro de Atacama Chile
We will continue east to meet the Salar de Tara, where we will take a short walk along its paths and admire its impressive cathedrals, the flora, fauna and tranquility of the place.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: San Pedro de Atacama, San Pedro de Atacama, Antofagasta Region
After the visit to the salt flat, we will return to our selected hotels in San Pedro de Atacama.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age 5 years old
- High exposure to the sun, wind and cold
- Minimum 2 Passengers
- Take comfortable clothes, sunscreen and mineral water
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.