TARGOVISTE Fortress – The Old Princely Court
The small city of Targoviste (80 km from Bucharest), has played an important role in Romanian history. It served as the royal capital of Wallachia from 1418 until the 16th century, when the capital was moved to Bucharest. The ruins of the former royal court remain the town’s most important tourist attraction. In more recent times, the city became known worldwide as the place where Dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife, Elena, were executed on Christmas Day in 1989.
In the morning you will be pick up from the hotel by your driver and guide and you will go to visit Targoviste city. Here you will visit the most important tourist attractions: Princely Court, The Chindia Tower, The Museum of Printing and Old Romanian Books, Museum of Human Evolution and Technology in Palaeolithic, Stelea Monastery and Dealu Monastery. Dealu Monastery is one of the most remarkable architectonic edifices from our country. Dealu Monastery was built by the voivode Radu the Great, prince of Wallachia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Access to tourist attractions
- Entry/Admission - Princely Court
- Entry/Admission - National Museum of Old Maps and Books
- Entry/Admission - Manastirea Dealu
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, meals and drinks)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Princely Court, Str. Justice, No. 7, Targoviste 130 014 Romania
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Parcul Chindia, Calea Domneasca, Targoviste 130016 Romania
Stop At: National Museum of Old Maps and Books, 39 Londra Street, Bucharest Romania
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aleea Manastirea Dealu 1 Viforâta, Targoviste 130004 Romania
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chindiei Tower (Sunset Tower), Targoviste Romania
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or location in Bucharest.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.