Tarragona and Sitges Private Day Trip from Barcelona
Combine history and the Mediterranean coast on a private day trip from Barcelona to Tarragona and Sitges. You'll travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan to the Roman city of Tarragona, where you’ll see its amphitheater and Old Quarter. Then travel to coastal Sitges, where you can relax, take a walk and go for a swim. Led by a private guide, this tour provides personalized attention to you and your group.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees for the museums and monuments in Tarragona
- Start your private day trip from Barcelona by traveling back to the days of the ancient Romans in the city of Tarragona, where you’ll retrace the footsteps of Roman gladiators, stand where their chariots raced and walk across the magnificent Roman aqueduct. Visit Tarragona's Old Quarter, with its stunning cathedral where you can enjoy the morning antique market if you’re there on a Sunday. Few tourists make it to Tarragona, and fewer still stumble across this traditional market. It's a great chance to pick up a souvenir from the area or simply explore the beautiful cathedral that looks down on the antique collectors.
Then make your way to the Roman amphitheater, which boasts a lovely sea view. Imagine gladiators battling to the death as you stand on the same dusty ground that bore witness to countless scenes of sacrifice and passion. Its most fascinating feature is perhaps the Christian church, which sits in the middle of the stage and was built out of the same blocks used in the amphitheater.
Leaving Tarragona, you'll visit Roc de Sant Gaieta, a tiny village built on the rocky Mediterranean shoreline. Take a stroll through the town and enjoy coastal views from a seaside bar.
Then it's on to Sitges to enjoy the authentic Mediterranean atmosphere of this old fishing village. Get lost in its shady side streets and admire the whitewashed fishermen's houses. Wind through the labyrinth of streets until you come to the seafront, where you can stop in one of the many cafés and restaurants – Sitges has dining options to suit every taste and budget. After a leisurely lunch (own expense), you are welcome to head off to one of the town’s 17 beaches and go for a swim.
This private tour is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Barcelona-El Prat Airport, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat Spain
- Port barcelona Cruise Stop, de, 08039 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under.
- You will also have an opportunity to go swimming in Sitges, if you would like to swim, bring swimwear and a beach towel.
- This tour operates only in English.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.