Taste of Afghanistan Syria and Persia in Merrylands
Merrylands is home to many new Australias, many of whom have fled their homeland. This tour will introduce you to the culinary treasures they wish to share
You will discover the flavours of Syria and Afghanistan, and Persia's exquisite use of dried limes and saffron. Enjoy the best rice and bread to be had anywhere in the world.
Along the way you will meet generous business owners and hear stories of hopes and dreams of people making long journeys to a new life in Australia.
This is far from your typical food tour! If you like exploring new cultures and communities and building relationships through food, then this is the experience for you.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Food tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Granville Park Montrose Avenue, Merrylands, Montrose Avenue, Merrylands, Holroyd, New South Wales Australia
In the Merrylands Tour you will explore the tastes and cultures of Afghanistan and Persia. Enjoy dishes lovingly prepared, and shared with you by the newest Australians. Traditional recipes have come on long journeys from homes in Afghanistan and Persia (Iran), brought to keep homelands alive in hearts and bellies.
Departure Point :106 Railway Terrace, Merrylands NSW 2160, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.