Taste of Africa (Food & Beer tasting Experience)
Yeoville is one of the most diverse suburbs in South Africa, known for being highly Afro-cosmopolitan with many African nationals found in one square mile. The area is also rich in history and due to the diversity in African culture, offers a great experience when it comes to African cuisine.
Our Taste of Africa experience will give you a taste of the continent with no visa requirements or expensive flights.
Our guide will be leading you to local restaurants like Malalahitoka for traditional Ghanaian Wat, Kifto and Injera, Pondu and Kwanga, Mama Osu will be our Nigerian stop for Akara and Killshi. Baskim offers a mixture of African foods such as Konkonte and Ampesie. This will include a walk through the Yeoville food market where you can purchase fruit and veg you have seen in some of the dishes you have tasted so you can recreate your favourite African dishes at home.
We offer an optional beer tasting experience with this food tour at an editional cost.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - House of Tandoor
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- African beer tasting
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windybrow (1896), Nugget St, Hillbrow, Johannesburg, 2038, South Africa
The Windybrow is one of the oldest houses in Johannesburg at 120 years old the house has been through it up's and downs, which provide the guest with a unique lens to understand the history of Johannesburg from a mining perspective.
The house went from a home to nursery to now an Art center over the past 12 decades.
Now the Windybrow is a Heritage house not to be missed while in Johannesburg.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yeoville, Johannesburg, 2198, South Africa
Yeoville is one of the most diverse suburbs in South Africa, known for being highly Afro-cosmopolitan with many African nationals found in one square mile. The area is also rich in history and due to the many different Africans that live there, offers you an authentic view (and taste) of Africa & the cuisines.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: House of Tandoor, 26 Rockey St, Bellevue, Johannesburg, 2198, South Africa
The House of Tandoor is a comfortable place where you can have fun and listen to your favorite reggae tunes and dancehall.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Honest travel Experience, 52 Pietersen St, Hillbrow, Johannesburg, 2038, South Africa
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.