Taste of Rome: Very Small Group Food Tour
While we are all familiar with typical Italian dishes such as pizza and gelato, only a few non-Italians have ever heard of “suppli”, “saltimbocca alla Romana” or “maritozzo”. Besides coffee, pasta, and gelato, you will get to taste the real Italian and Roman specialties, developed throughout history under different circumstances, but still living and developing today.
Join us on this very small-group tour and discover bits and pieces of culinary history that make Italian cuisine what it is today.
Meet the local foodie districts:
- Testaccio for the morning departures;
- Campo de' Fiori and Trastevere for the afternoon departures.
- A very small group of a maximum of eight people guaranteed;
- More than 15 traditional food tastings (savory and sweet);
- Three types of wines,
- Learn the secrets and legends of Roman cuisine,
- Learn about architectural and artistic surroundings that make Rome an open-air museum.
Learn not only what locals eat and drink but also how they do it!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water - Besides the food that guests will be tasting on this food tour, each customer gets a bottle of water.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Testaccio Testaccio, 00153 Rome Italy
Morning tours take place in a trendy Testaccio neighborhood.
Meet our guide in the main square of the neighborhood and after a brief introduction about the surroundings, start your culinary experience visiting the places that are only rarely visited by tourists. Start your experience with a typical Italian breakfast and continue your culinary journey visiting the local farmer's market, deli-shops, and typical Roman osteria. Besides the delicious food, taste the wines from different regions of Italy and wrap your experience up with top-class artisanal gelato!
Learn everything about Roman culinary history in an intimate atmosphere - maximum of 8 people!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Piazza Farnese, 00186 Rome Italy
The afternoon/evening tours take place in vibrant Campo de'Fiori and Trastevere neighborhoods.
Meet our guide at Piazza Farnese and after learning about the surroundings, start your foodie evening off with visiting the hidden culinary gems in the areas of Campo de'Fiori and Trastevere. Learn about lesser-known Italian meats, such as 'coppiete' or 'porchetta', and visit the historical street-food places that only rarely catch tourists' attention. Spoil your taste buds with seasonal local specialties paired with different varieties of wine and finish your culinary journey with a top-class artisanal gelato.
Learn not only what Romans eat and drink but also how they do it!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Piazza Testaccio, 00153 Roma RM, Italy
2: Piazza Farnese, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :1: Via Ostiense, Roma RM, Italy
2: Piazza Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.