Taste of Southern Bulgaria (Wine, Food & History 8-Day Tour)
Discover the undiscovered Bulgaria!
Enjoy an 8-day group wine tour in the under-the-radar wine country of Bulgaria. Taste unique local wines such as Mavrud and Broadleaved Melnik. Discover the long history of wine making on the lands of modern Bulgaria. Uncover the fascinating stories behind the wines. Experience the passion of the Bulgarian winemakers and winery owners. Learn more about the wines, terroir, wine making and history of Bulgaria. Visit three unique and traditional wine regions in Bulgaria: The Thracian Valley, The Valley of Roses & The Struma River Valley. Sample local Balkan foods. Discover cultural gems such as the Rozhen Monastery and the Old Town of Plovdiv. Experience it all on this wine, food and history wine tour!
per adult from
What's included :
- All ground transportation in air-conditioned coach or mini-van
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- 7 nights accommodation in 3-star hotels
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Daily Breakfast
- Dinners x 3
- Lunch x 6
- Wine tastings x 7
- All activities
- English Speaking Tour Leader
- Guided walking tour of Plovdiv and Old Plovdiv
- Visits to the Rozhen Monastery & Traditional Merchant House in Melnik
- Tour operator insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Flight tickets
- Private transfers
- Meals and beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Alcoholic beverages not mentioned in the tour description
- Travel and medical insurance (please, consult your insurance provider)
- Visa fees, if applicable
- Extras and incidentals
- Single room supplement
- Spend 8 days and 7 nights exploring the country of Bulgaria. We start in the The Thracian Valley, which is Bulgaria’s largest wine region. It is an under-the-radar wine region that was selected as Best Wine Travel Destination of 2017. Explore Plovdiv and its many layers of history from the Thracian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman eras. Plovdiv will be European Capital of Culture in 2019. Enjoy the city before the crowds of people discover its magical atmosphere. A micro-region within the larger Thracian Valley is the South Sakar region – an authentic wine area that offers great wines and great food. Visit family-owned wineries and taste rustic regional dishes made by the grandmothers of Bulgaria, who are wizards in the kitchen. The Valley of Roses is the smallest wine region with aromatic wines that match the aromatic roses that grow in the fertile valley. The Struma River Valley & Melnik Wine Region introduce us to unique native grape varieties such as Broadleaved Melnik and Melnik 55. The small town of Melnik brings us back to a forgotten time. The entire town is a historical architectural reserve with houses, churches and relics from mainly the 18th century. During this explorative journey, we visit 11 wineries, 2 cultural heritage sites and we get to explore 3 out of the 5 wine regions of Bulgaria. There is no better way to discover a destination than through its wine, food and culture.
Departure Point :Sofia Airport, 1528 Летище София, София, Bulgaria
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.