Taste of the Great Houses
This is a great way of seeing much of Jamaica's history. You get to see three different aspects of our culture from back in the days as well as hear how different persons influenced our history.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Have lunch at the internationally known Scotches where true Jamaican Jerk Pork and Jerk Chicken is served.
- Bottled water - a bottled water per person is also provided
- Entry/Admission - Rose Hall Great House
- Entry/Admission - Greenwood Great House
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Hill Inn
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
If you looking for something to do in Jamaica, the Rose Hall Great House is a great Montego Bay area attraction. The greatest of Jamaican great houses, the Rose Hall Great House has a story with all the elements of an engaging novel. Built-in 1770 by John Palmer and his wife, it eventually became the residence of their grandnephew, John Rose Palmer. In 1820, Palmer married Anne, a beautiful but feisty English girl.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
Built during an era of elegance and brutality, Greenwood has retained the atmosphere of the 19th century and continues to capture the imagination of its visitors. Built by the Barretts of Wimpole Street London in 1800, the home still has much of its original furniture. In fact, Greenwood has the largest and rarest collection of musical instruments and books on the island.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Hill Inn, Union Street, Montego Bay, Jamaica
An original Terra Cotta pot with the royal seal of ‘Isabel and Ferdinand’ of Spain is found in our patio garden. This jar is an original brought to Jamaica by a Spanish Galleon during the reign of Queen Isabel and King Ferdinand. The jar was used to store oil or water on the ships during their long voyages across the Atlantic.The walls of the great house are 18″ thick of limestone and molasses. There is also a well under the dining room hand carved from the limestone which is 30 feet deep and 30 feet wide.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is done in the main lobby of each resort and at the independent freelance area of each port.Ports
- Montego Bay
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.