Taste of the Highlands: Pinot Masterclass and Gourmet Lunch with Wine Pairings
Escape from the city for a leisurely day of tasting estate grown wines and fine dining in the bucolic countryside of the Southern Highlands.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Three course lunch at a chef-hatted restaurant.
- Snacks - A variety of food samples to pair the wines tasted during the Pinot Masterclass.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine flights during the Pinot Masterclass. Wines paired with each course at lunch.
- Pinot Masterclass
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This leisurely day of wining and dining in the country begins with a scenic drive from Sydney Harbour to the Southern Highlands, just 90 minutes outside the city.
On arrival at Centennial Vineyards it’s back to school with a Pinot Masterclass showcasing the premier grape variety of this cool-climate region. Hosted by a resident Centennial Vineyards oenophile learn about the various Pinot mutations used to make their sparklings, whites, rosés and reds while tasting flights of estate-grown wines accompanied by matching morsels.
Continuing the focus on local produce, experience fine dining Southern Highlands style at chef-hatted restaurant eschalot. Owner and head chef Matty Roberts leads you through the garden where he picks the freshest of fresh ingredients to prepare the three course lunch you are about to savour. Complementing Matty’s skill in the kitchen, owner and maître d’ Cass Wallace selects a local wine to match each course.
After lunch enjoy a wander around the charming Georgian village of Berrima. Browse the quaint shops along the leafy main street – look out for tea, chocolate, locally-made preserves and arts and crafts – and admire the colonial sandstone buildings.
• Note: Menu changes daily to reflect the freshest, seasonal produce.
• Crispy skin pork belly - With cauliflower puree & watercress oil.
Paired with Rotherwood Pinot Grigio 2016.
• Lavender smoked duck breast - With kohlrabi kimchi, panisses, burnt honey & jupiter turnip.
Paired with Artemis Pinot Noir 2017.
• Lemon curd tart - With caramelised pineapple, meringue & lemon balm ice-cream.
Paired with Cherry Tree Hill 'Maya' Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 2013.
Departure Point :30 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.